Welcome to the Corrales Fire Department Website
The weather is getting hotter and drier. Think Fire Safe!!
Corrales Fire would like to remind you about ways to create a Defensible Space around your home. It is your responsibility to help protect your home from Bosque fires and other brush fires in the area. In doing so you will help us keep you, your family, home, property, and the entire Village safe if a fire should occur. Corrales Fire is a member of the READY SET GO Program for more information or to join as a resident go to www.wildlandfireRSG.org. We will be happy to help you identify hazards around your home and property call us at 898-7501. Be notified in case of an emergency notification from the Village Join CodeRed click on the CodeRed link above..
DEFENSIBLE SPACE CHECKLIST
- CLEAR all flammable vegetation around buildings a minimum of 30 feet or to the property line; whichever is closer
- CREATE further defensible space if possible; as much as 100 feet around the structure
- REMOVE that portion of any tree that extends within 10 feet of a chimney or stove pipe
- MAINTAIN any tree adjacent to or overhanging a building so that it is free from dead or dying wood
- MAINTAIN the roof of a structure so that it is free of any leaves, needles or other dead vegetation
- PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN at all times a screen over the outlet of every chimney or stovepipe. The screen shall be constructed of a non-flammable material with openings no more than one half-inch in size
Place house numbers in a position that is plainly legible and visible from the street or road preferably from both directions. Numbers should be Arabic numerals that contrast with their background and a minimum of 3 inches in height with a stroke width of at least one- half inch. Address sings can be purchased at Village Hall in Red, Green or Brown. The cost is $8.00 for a single side and $12.00 for a double side. Post to mount the sign on cost $8.00 once paid for come to the Fire Station 4920 Corrales Road and we will make your sign.
- CUT and remove all brush
- CUT dry and dead grass to a maximum height of 4 inches
- REMOVE all dead standing trees
- REMOVE all dead fallen material
- REMOVE that portion of any dead tree limb within 10 feet of the ground
- REMOVE all tree limbs within 6 feet of the ground
- REMOVE all cut material from the area, or chip and spread on site